Monday, September 28, 2009

Coincidence

It was a rainy,

Cold, evening,

Was trying to match with him,

My thought tuning,

At one point of time,

Our tuning matched exact,

His thought was, as mine,

On our bike, we were on the track,

Speedometer showed,

Speed of bike, above par,

Which, went to zero,

At the door of heavenly bar,

With dry hearts,

And clothes drenched,

We stepped in the bar,

Beer to be quenched,

We sat on a table,

Lighted a cigar,

A face known long back,

Appeared at a distance far,

Smoke in the room,

Made my vision hazy,

Two mugs of beer down,

Making my mind lazy,

The face came,

Closer to me,

My heart pounded, thought,

“This was to be”,

Eyes told my mind,

That it was her,

Movement inside my heart,

Making my body stiffer,

Looking in my eyes,

She gave me a smile.

I got the message,

She wished to, talk for a while,

But all these years,

Living life alone,

Had made my heart,

Dead, hard as a stone,

She looked at me,

Said “hi” twice,

And my mind,

Then broke the ice,

Wit my ears, ignoring the sound,

I turned my face around,

‘Don’t do that’,

My friend said…

And I told him,

“Its time to move ahead”

-- Yodhey


4 comments:

Janit said...

Hi Yudi,
Nice poem man....vivid in its imagery...and does convey the message well.

Jay... said...

Amazin way 2 express the feelin wen she approached u...beautifully placed words...gud job yudi

Yodhey - Kaizen said...

@Lunatic : So you are still alive on blogs....but not on FB or orkut ha? Heheheh....I like to see your responses..There are couple of things I wanna send ya..tell me whenever its suitable for you...

Yodhey - Kaizen said...

@Jay : Thanks buddy.....your writings are also fantastic...and probably things like these came out of my mind..when I was in the same situation...the situation that made you write those things! :)